Last update: October 5th, 2016
Hi! I'm Yuki Kubo, a Ph.D. student of Mathematical Biology at Kyushu University, Japan. I'm now tackling the study for management of tropical forests by using mathematical model and computer simulation. I'm interested in decision making process and concensus building in the society and trying implementations from the results of the studies into the real-world.
Feel free to contact me to yukikubo[ atmark ]kyudai.jp
Ph.D. student in Graduate School of Systems Life Sciences, Kyushu University, as a member of Mathematical Biology Laboratory, Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, Kyushu University.
I am also a member of Graduate Education and Research Training Program in Decision Science for a Sustainable Society, Kyushu University.
Here is my portfolio page for the Decision Science Program powered by mahara.org
April, 2009 - March, 2013
B.S. in Science, Kyushu University. Supervised by Prof. Yoh Iwasa. (Biology)
April, 2013 - March, 2015
M.S. in Science, Kyushu University. Supervised by Prof. Yoh Iwasa. (Mathematical Biology)
October, 2013 - current
Program student in Graduate education and research training program in Decision Science for a sustainable society, Kyushu University
April, 2015 - current
Ph.D. student in Graduate School of Systems Life Sciences, Kyushu University
April, 2015 - current
Research Fellow, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science for Young Scientists, DC1
In Ph.D. research
Since I was a undergraduate student
- Collective animal behavior
- Resource economics and management
- Decision making and concensus building
- Y. Kubo, and Y. Iwasa. Phase diagram of a multiple forces model for animal group formation: marches versus circles determined by the relative strength of alignment and cohesion. Population Ecology (2016).
Articles in Japanese
- Y. Kubo, K. Tagawa, Y. Itaki, and K. Shimatani. A study on the process of private conversation in the classroom based on cellular automata and mean-field approximation. RIMS Kokyuroku 1887, 18-22, 2014-04.
- Y. Kubo. (Introduction of Master Thesis), JSMB Newsletter No.77 (2015)
Poster Presentations in International Congresses
- August, 2014. 99th Ecological Society of America Annual Meeting, Sacramento, U.S.A.
- August, 2015. 100th Ecological Society of America Annual Meeting, Baltimore, U.S.A.
- August, 2015. Joint Meeting of the Japanese Society for Mathematical Biology and China-Japan-Korea Colloquium on Mathematical Biology, Kyoto, Japan
- July, 2016. Joint meeting of the European Society for Mathematical and Theoretical Biology and the Society for Mathematical Biology, Nottingham, U.K.
Oral Presentations in International Congresses
- June, 2014. 9th European Conference on Mathematical and Theoretical Biology, Gothenburg, Sweden
- July, 2014. Joint Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society for Mathematical Biology and the Society for Mathematical Biology, Osaka, Japan
Oral Presentations in Domestic Meetings
- September, 2013. 23rd Annual meeting of Japanese Society for Mathematical Biology, Shizuoka, Japan
- March, 2014. 61st Annual meeting of Ecological Society of Japan, Hiroshima, Japan
- March, 2015. 62st Annual meeting of Ecological Society of Japan, Kagoshima, Japan
- March, 2016. English Presentation Award in 63st Annual meeting of Ecological Society of Japan, Sendai, Japan
- September, 2016. JSMB2016, Fukuoka, Japan
On seminars and others
- June, 2013. ME seminar, Kyushu University
- December, 2013. Joint seminar of Amakusa marine Biological Laboratory and Laboratory of Ecological Science, Amakusa, Japan
- September, 2014. Advanced cource in Mathematical Biology, Kyushu University
- Febrary, 2015. Master thesis presentaion, Kyushu University
- April, 2015. Qurikon, Kyushu University
- November, 2015. Poster contest in Graduate School of Systems Life Sciences, Kyushu University
- November, 2015. Industrial information session for Ph.D. students, Kyushu University (Poster)
- November, 2015. Oral presentation in Graduate School of Systems Life Sciences, Kyushu University
- March, 2016. ME seminar, Kyushu University
- May, 2016. Joint seminar of Amakusa marine Biological Laboratory and Laboratory of Ecological Science, Amakusa, Japan
- July, 2016. Colloquium in Forest. TU Dresden, Germany
- March, 2014. Collective animal behaviour, 62nd Annual meeting of Ecological Society of Japan, Kagoshima, Japan
- JSPS, Grant-in-Aid for JSPS Fellows, 15J02857, P.I. Yuki Kubo, FY2015 - FY2017
- 九州大学基金 学生の独創的教育・研究・社会貢献活動支援, P.I. Yuki Kubo, 2014
- April - August, 2013 and 2014. Teaching assistant of Programming in Computational Biology course, Kyushu University.
- June 14, 2014. Short visit to Stockholm Resilience Centre, Stockholm University, Sweden. Funded by IDS3.
- June 30 - July 4, 2015. Field research for Honey Bee behaviour in Yakushima, Japan. Funded by 九州大学基金
- January - October, 2016. Webmaster and Public relations for JSMB2016
- July 16 - 20, 2016. Short visit to Dresden University of Technology, Germany.
In Decision Science Program
- September, 2013 and 2014. Customer relations on Asia Focus/Fukuoka International Film Festival organised by Fukuoka City Government.
- April, 2009 - current. Editor of student's free magagine in Kyushu University "Kyudai Walker" No.23 - No.29, No.34, No.37 - No.44
- April, 2015. Leaflet design for Kyushu University Harassment Consultation Center with Y. Takata and M. Takezoe. Here you can see it.
- November, 2015. Official photographer for Ms. and Mr. contests in 68th Kyudaisai, Kyushu University. Here you can see it.